Saturday 16 November 2013

Blackberry Cobbler

I got two rock hard Nectarines in my fruit box when delivered this week, yes I hear you say, it's too early they are not ripe yet!

So if I leave them in the fruit bowl they go mushy or I find another use for them.  So I made Cobbler for desserts.  My go to recipe to use up unripe fruit or just to put out when you want a no fuss dessert.


 
 
115g Butter melted
1 1/4 cups Castor Sugar plus 2 extra tablespoons
1 cup Self Raising Flour
1 cup Milk
2 cups Fruit  (frozen Blackberries and Nectarines in my case)

Pre heat oven to 180C

Butter a baking dish oval, square, round your choice.

Mix flour, 1 cup of the sugar, milk in bowl with wooden spoon.  Mix in melted butter until combined, pour into prepared baking dish.  Sprinkle fruit over the top, sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar.

Bake for one hour depending on your oven, or until golden.  10 mins before cooking finishes sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar over the top.


 
 
Serve with cream or ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment