Sunday 9 February 2014

Chocolate Trifle


Trifle is big in my family, especially at Christmas, my Nana never put enough booze on the sponge so one Christmas my Poppa put more in telling us kids that Nana never used enough, then my Mum did the same thing and finally my Nana came back and did the same thing saying that they always accused her of never putting enough booze in. 

Bit of an understatement to say WOW the trifle went over well with the adults but the kids all went "YUCK".

Personally the texture of sponge and jelly did it for me *insert scrunchie face here* the texture is like slimy sand ... yuck, yuck, yuck!

So here is a Kate friendly trifle that I will eat and has no slimy to it!

Take one of the chocolate cakes from my previous post, slice it in half and put the bottom layer in your trifle bowl.


 
 
Place half your cooled custard (packet mix is the best make it with an extra tablespoon of powder to ensure it is thick not runny), sprinkle over the fruit of your choice, I used strawberries as they came with my fruit order, frozen berries are always good. 


Place the top of the cake in next always good to put it cut side up, repeat with the custard and berries or fruit.


Top with whipped cream and dust with chocolate powder.  Now if you can keep the slavering hordes away from it you may wish to stick it in the fridge for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment