Saturday 12 July 2014

Saturday afternoon reminiscing and a Coke Spider


Saturday afternoon the house is quiet, the kitchen is clean and tidy after this mornings cooking spree.  The other half is out and about in town with his camera and I am blog surfing my favourite blogs.

I saw a post that triggered a childhood memory of Mum and Auntie Sue taking my bestie Gary and I out for a HUGE treat and while we were shopping in Southland we had lunch in the café.  This was the 70's so lunch out consisted of a toasted cheese and tomato sandwich and a spider.
 



Soft drink was not something that we drank at home.  It was a special occasion drink that was a major treat, the same as having a McDonalds was not a regular thing either.


So I rifled the fridge and freezer.  Very unusual for our house as well but we have a bottle of coke in the fridge today, so I made myself a treat.


Cheers Mum!  Love you heaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment