Sunday 15 February 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I am always up for a good chocolate chip cookie, I am an avid recipe reader and collector, however when I saw this recipe and read the recipe from beginning to end, I immediately went to the pantry to make sure I had the ingredients!

I did make this recipe and there are wayyyyyyyyyy to many cookies to bake all at once unless your having a bake sale or have a gazillion kids to feed, or like me take them to work for Courtney and Amanda.  Only joking ladies!

Part of this recipe is the freezing of the cookie dough and well the eating of the afore mentioned dough.

Thank you to Julie from The Little Kitchen for this recipe I do love it and it will become one of our regular cookie jar and freezer stock cookies.  This has the Crash Test Dummy approval.

1/2 cup rolled oats
230g butter room temp
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup castor sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups plain flour
1 12/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips



Grind oats to fine or semi fine powder in your food processor, set aside
 

 
In you mixing bowl add your butter, both sugars, vanilla and lemon juice.  Cream together until light and fluffy, add your eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated.

 
In the same bowl as your ground oats place your flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.

 
Mix your dry ingredients through the butter mixture with a rubber spatula, taking care not to over work the flour or you will get cakes not cookies.

 
Yes next is the mother load of chocolate chips,  3 cups may seem to be tooooooo many but can I say, you can never have too many chocolate chips! 

 
Stir the chocolate through the dough and your ready to scoop, but don't forget to taste the dough, you may need to try it a couple of times.
 
 
Now if there is anything left after you have taste tested the dough, it is time to scoop.  I have a small ice cream scoop I use for cookies, it is fantastic, less mess and everything is the same size.  Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 175C.  Check after 10 minutes as every oven is different. 

 
At this stage if, like me, you don't have a tribe to feed, you can freeze your dough.  Scoop and place on a lined baking sheet as above, and freeze.  I freeze them for 2 hours then bag them into zip lock bags and put the date on them,  great tip though, put the oven temp and time to bake as kids will always try to cook something when your not there, they may read your instructions.

 
Sorry the cookie monster got to the plate before I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment