Saturday 23 May 2015

Martha Stewart's One Pot Pasta

 
I have seen the video for this on the Martha Stewart website a number of times over the last couple of months, I have been meaning to make it sooner and this week I did make sure I had the ingredients (well almost all of them) in the house. 
 
It is just Jonathan and I at the moment for some meals, and just me for others so finding things to cook that A. don't upset Scott's stomach and B. are easy to make and eat over the sink or under the exhaust fan is a little tiring. 
 
I must say this recipe was a triumph!  Both Jonathan and I loved it.  Now I did halve the recipe as it was just for 2 and I did substitute Parsley for the Basil, I also used 1 cup of wine as a sub for 1 cup of water and I used a bit less of the Chili flakes, however the recipe is very forgiving and easy to adjust to your likes and dislikes.
 
I will give you the recipe for 4 serves and if you wish to adjust it please do so.
 
350gm spaghetti, penne, linguine or pasta of your choice, it must be dried pasta not fresh
350gm cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 medium onion, finely sliced
1 clove garlic, finely sliced
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
2 sprigs fresh basil (I used a tablespoon chopped parsley)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
4 1/2 cups water (you could substitute one cup of water for a cup of white wine)
Grated Parmesan to serve
 
 
 
Chop your tomatoes in half.

 
Finely slice your onion and garlic.

 
In your pot or high sided pan, place your pasta, tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil, oil, salt, pepper, and chili flakes.

 
Add your water (and wine if desired).  Cook on medium flame, just remember not to walk away from this dish as it only takes approx. 9 minutes to cook and you don't want all the liquid to boil away.

 
Stir a couple of times through the cooking to ensure the pasta doesn't clump or stick.

 
When your pasta is cooked and you have a nice little sauce bubbling in the bottom of your pan, it's time to serve.

 
Grate some fresh Parmesan over the top and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment