Saturday 10 October 2015

Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef


My other half loves Mongolian Beef and every time we get Chinese Take away I just order it as I know that's what he will ask for.  

I saw this recipe on Pintrest and had to save it to try when he was able to eat again.  Now that he is eating again and I need to make meals with a sauce for easier eating, I figured that this would be a good meal to try.  

The recipe is originally from The Recipe Critic is fantastic and oh so easy to prepare!  I myself have made some additions and subtractions to suit us and this is my take on the original.

700gm Skirt Steak 
1/4 cup corn flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon grated/minced garlic
3/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup grated carrot
1 cup grated zucchini
2 sliced spring onions to garnish



Don't bother pealing the carrots just put them through the grater skin and all.


Grate your veggies.  I just use my food processor with a grater for ease of use and speed.


Trim off any little bits of fat from your meat cut into strips about an inch wide.


Holding your knife on a 45 deg angle slice fine/thin strips of meat.


Place your meat in a plastic bag and add the corn flour.


Grate or mince your garlic.


Place your carrot, zucchini, soy sauce, water, sugar, garlic and oil in your slow cooker.  


Mix together.


Close the plastic bag and shake around until the corn flour coats the meat.


Tip the contents of the bag into the slow cooker.


Stir together.  If cooking for a short time on high for 2 to 3 hours.  If cooking for longer time on low for 4 to 5 hours.


Serve with rice and a sprinkle of spring onions for garnish.

1 comment:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious. I hardly ever venture into chinese cooking, but this looks like it's a nice and easy recipe. Thanks for linking up with FFF xx

    ReplyDelete