Saturday 18 June 2016

Banana Cream Poke Cake


We here in Australia don't have anything like a poke cake and I have seen many posts on fellow Bloggers sites recently about poke cakes, so I thought I would check them out and give one a go.  

I did make one with a from scratch cake recipe however the cake was wayyyyyyyyyyy to moist and heavy afterwards.  Then I just followed the example of others and bought a packet cake mix!  Packet cake mix is the way to go for these cakes.  They are a cake that kids and adults will love.  

The Squadron of Crash Test Dummies at Scott's work loved it as I found out last night at the mid year Squadron dinner.

1 box vanilla cake mix (made to instructions)
1 packet vanilla pudding (made to instructions)
2 bananas, sliced
300 ml cream whipped


Bake cake mix to instructions.  Remove from oven and allow to cool.  When cool poke holes int he cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.


Make pudding mix to instructions.  


You do have to move quick here, as soon as the pudding thickens you have to pour it over the cake and spread it out before it thickens.  Place pudding covered cake in the fridge for 2 hours or until ready to serve.


When ready to serve slice your bananas.


Layer your slices over the pudding.


Spread whipped cream over the cake and decorate.


Try and keep some for yourself.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Shari when your in your new place you should give this a go with the kids they will love it.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of poke cakes but they look so good!! Thanks for sharing with YWF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no end of variations around the place and I think I will be trialing new ones until the end of time at this rate.

      Delete
  3. I've seen poke cakes too and they look delicious. I love that you've gone for packets here...so easy to throw together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I must say the Americans have this one right with the cake mix, it is so easy I think a triple death by chocolate version is in our near future

      Delete