Saturday 13 June 2015

Cheesy Grilled Corn Dip

 
I know I hear the Aussies saying "It's winter woman what are you doing putting a dip on your blog"  wellllllllllllll I love dip any time of the year and a lot of my readers are from the USA and it's Summer there. 
 
Try a bit of dip for afternoon tea or even lunch on a busy day it's nice! The kids will love this as a afternoon snack after school.
 
I used to wonder why my Mum insisted on putting Spring Onions in everything.  It is only in the last couple of years that I have started to do the same thing.  To the point that I now grow spring onions in my veg patch and as they grow all year here in Newcastle I will have a year round supply by planting at different intervals.
 
I got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman holiday cookbook that Scott got me for my birthday last year.  I love Ree's website and cookbooks,  Ree is the one that got me motivated to try a blog,  so Thank you Ree Drummond!
 
4 ears of corn, shucked (leaves and corn silk removed)
250gm cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sour cream
4 spring onions, sliced
1 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (this is the colour of my new car) sorry for this just a funny thought.
salt and pepper to taste
juice of one lime or half a lemon
a couple of dashes of Tabasco if desired
 
 
Grill your corn over the burner on your stove or on a barbecue if you wish.

 
See nicely grilled and smells Divine.

 
Stick a cup upside down in a bowl and slice the corn off the cob.  The corn won't go all over your bench, they will fall neatly into your bowl.
 
 
See!

 
In the bowl of your mixer place your cream cheese, sour cream and spring onions.  Beat until smooth.

 
Mix through the paprika, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper until combined.

 
Stir through the grated cheese.

 
Add your lime or lemon juice.

 
Stir through your corn kernels until combined.

 
Yum!


Go on taste it!  Every cook should taste what they make for seasoning!  Have a little more ... I won't tell anyone.

Now if you are making this for a party, make it the night before the flavours get better, believe me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment