Saturday 28 January 2017

Honey Joy's


While we were in Melbourne visiting my family over Christmas and New Year's a friend of my Mum's dropped over a cake and a container of Honey Joy's "for the kids" well, once I saw what was in the container they became "for the adults" and the kids didn't get a look in!

Even my 94 year old Nana was eating them!

Honey Joy's were a staple of my childhood.  They were at every school fete and bake sale.  Every cake stall at lunch time, along with toffees and chocolate crackles.  I had in fact not eaten one in over 30 years and well, now I will be making them regularly!

4 cups Cornflakes
1 tablespoon Honey
1/3 cup sugar
90gm butter


In a saucepan melt the butter, sugar and honey.


Lay out your patty pans on your cupcake pans.  The recipe said it made 24 😑 I found it only made 12 me sized honey joy's!


Get your cornflakes ready in a bowl


Bring your honey mixture to a simmer and cook stirring occasionally to ensure no burnt bottom.


Poor the honey mix over the cornflakes and mix together quickly.


Spoon into the patty pans and bake in pre heated 150C oven for 10 minutes.  Allow to cool before the hubby tries to eat them.



No comments:

Post a Comment