Saturday 15 November 2014

Rose Sangria



Well summer is well and truly here and the party season is about to start, if it hasn't already started for yourself.

This post is for my wonderful Sister-in-Law Deana.  Deana and my brother live in Canada and for them winter has started and the first snow has fallen.  So I am posting a splash of summer she can make for her friends if she is having a Christmas do.


I was a little sceptical about this recipe and as I am the only one who drinks wine in my house and my wonderful Girlfriend Helen is not allowed to drink, I thought I may be stuck drinking something that I hated.  The other ingredients however do not detract from the Rose and it is very refreshing, I wonder how long it is going to take me to drink it!

1 bottle of your favourite Rose wine
1/2 cup Pomegranate juice (you can get this from the supermarket)
1/3 cup of lemon juice
1/4 cup castor sugar
3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
1 tablespoon of Brandy
1 cup chilled water
1 punnet of strawberries hulled and halved
1 punnet of raspberries
ice to serve


The night before your party stir all your ingredients together in a jug and place covered in the fridge.  Just before serving remove from the fridge and stir before adding some ice.


Serve in chilled glasses with some of the fruit and ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment