Saturday 27 February 2016

Taco Pasta Salad


I am always looking for different and new recipes to feed my boys.  I think Pasta Salad can be very boring even as a side salad.

I was wandering around the Internet one night and well I may be wrong but I think I saw a similar Taco Pasta Salad, however, I cannot be sure as I cannot find it again!  So I thought well how hard can it be?

Hence this salad was made.  I just took all the taco fixings (minus the meat) and put them together with cooked Macaroni and a creamy dressing.  Well it was a hit Scott went back for seconds and told me I needed to make this again!

This can be a meal in itself or a side salad for a gathering or BBQ.

1 1/2 cups uncooked macaroni
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup chopped celery 
1 cup chopped cucumber
1 cup chopped tomato
1 cup chopped capsicum
1 cup grated cheese
1 shredded baby cos lettuce

In salted boiling water cook your pasta for the specified time.  While this is cooking make your dressing.



Place the mayo, sour cream and taco seasoning in a bowl and mix.


Place your dressing in the fridge.


Take your cooked and drained pasta on a baking sheet in one layer and set aside to cool.  This should take about 15 minutes if you put your pasta in one layer and it will not clump together.


Chop your celery, cucumber, tomato and capsicum into small pieces.


Shred your lettuce.


Place everything but not the lettuce in a bowl along with the grated cheese and mix through 2 large spoons of the dressing.


Mix together until combined.  Only mix through the lettuce when ready to serve or it will wilt with the dressing on it.


Serve either as a meal on its own or a side for your BBQ.  The kids will Inhale it, just watch!


6 comments:

  1. Sounds great, a clever invention! Thanks for sharing on YWF too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so easy but so delicious! Totes my kind of salad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little surprised how easily it came together and how yummy it was. I have 2 picky men in the house and they devoured it.

      Delete
  3. how good is taco seasoning to flavour things? this sounds divine

    ReplyDelete